Just a quick update since we just got back from hopefully my last visit with the doctor. Everything is still normal and good with baby and I, my blood pressure is still low and Clark's heartbeat sounded great. When the doctor measured me today she said something about this being a good sized baby, so we asked how big she thought he was and she guessed around 8lbs. The doctor last week estimated a little over 7 lbs so we don't really know, but given that Jason was 8-10 and I was 9-6 I am guessing he will probably be on the larger side. Also I had my first internal exam today and they said that I was almost 2 centimeters dilated and 80% effaced! That was good news to me, since it will be that much less I have to accomplish during labor. It also hopefully means that my labor will begin soon. Although it still could be several days. The next appointment will be just 1 day before my due date and they said that we would talk about possibly inducing labor at that point. Since I am already effaced and dilated the doctor said I would probably be a good candidate for induction, but Jason and I think we would prefer to just begin labor naturally so we will have to really think about what we want to do in that situation. I am sure a lot of it will depend on how good or bad I am feeling in another week! That's about it, now we are just waiting....
Jason and I are planning on heading to Greenfield tomorrow to watch the OSU game and have a cookout at Tom and Sara's house. We are looking forward to that and to the Sunday night Steelers game, hopefully our teams will make us proud this weekend.
We are hoping our next post will be to tell you all about our new baby boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment