Yesterday my Dad called early in the morning and informed me that he had seen the pictures I posted and decided he couldn't wait until next week to see Clark, so he headed on over to Indianapolis. He got there around noon and spent some time meeting his first grandson before going with me to take care of Chewie and then get some lunch.
![]() |
| From Clark |
Katie's friend Amanda had arrived just before we left for lunch, so she had some company for a while too.
The rest of Thursday was pretty tame; just feeding, sleeping and changing diapers. We didn't get quite as much continuous sleep last night as we did the night before, but it still wasn't too bad. This morning we had to see the pediatrician, OB/GYN, and lactation consultant before we could leave. We got through all of those, packed up and got Clark dressed in the first of his very own outfits, which fit much better than the stuff he had to wear at the hospital. For some reason, the arms on the clothes at the hospital were about twice as long as they needed to be. Anyway, we got all set up and ready to go, then into the car and off we went.
![]() |
| From Clark |
![]() |
| From Clark |
Coming home was a really nice feeling. And of course we had to let Chewie see just what it was that we were carrying around in the big gray plastic thing.
![]() |
| From Clark |
Naturally curious, Chewie is really very good about Clark already. He tried to catch a nap on the Boppy pillow, and also stood guard under the swing while I was out picking up Katie's medicine at the pharmacy.
![]() |
| From Clark |
![]() |
| From Clark |
The rest of the day so far has been spent hanging out downstairs, sleeping, feeding, changing diapers and watching the Ryder Cup.
![]() |
| From Clark |
Tom and Sara are coming over in a little while and getting pizza for dinner. We're looking forward to visiting with them.
Thanks for all the comments on the last post. It's fun to get comments!







3 comments:
Well since you like comments, I figured I would leave you one. That's it.
No, I was just being an idiot. Sam says she loves him already. We can't wait to meet him. You guys look like naturals, and that is coming from some really seasoned parents :) (5.5 months!) Anyway, glad to hear that everybody is doing great, and that you are getting settled in. Clark is a pretty lucky little kid.
Hey Katie and Jason-
Congratulations! He is absolutely adorable, and I'd love to meet him someday. It seems like Nick and I are the only two out of the Dorsey group who have yet to get married. I am so happy for you guys, and I hope to catch up with you all soon! Take care and try to get some sleep. Hope to talk to you soon.
Post a Comment