Monday, June 22, 2009

Cousins - June 22, 2009

Clark and I had a great time visiting last week and weekend in Newark during the garage sale. Clark got to see all of his cousins in one weekend! They loved him and he loved playing with them. It was very easy to keep him entertained with all of the kids and his Aunts, Uncles, and Grandparents around, so I hope he is not too bored now that he is home with just me! The garage sale was a success, but a lot of work. Clark and I were so tired on Sunday that we both went to bed early.

Here is a shot of the Joyner cousins and Clark after making and eating homemade ice cream. From left to Right: William, Taylor holding Clark, Josie, Bennet, Annabel, and Tessa.
From June

Clark and I had a little break from working the sale on Saturday to go meet Nana and Grandpa Kevin, and Sara and Elizabeth for lunch at Pizza Cottage. Here is a picture of Clark's Aiello cousin, Elizabeth.
From June

Clark was sooo good on this trip, he warmed up to everyone quickly, went down for naps and bedtime without crying, ate well and was hardly grumpy at all. He loved sitting outside and people watching all day. He got passed around a lot and didn't mind at all. He wasn't even scared by the storms that passed through! The only complaint I can think of is that he got up early every day (between 5:30 and 6). He even let me drive home on Sunday morning without a stop, he slept or played the whole trip. What a great kid.
When I got home on Sunday I also had an anniversary surprise, a new kitchen floor! You can see the floor in the picture below, it is the same as what is in our foyer. Jason worked hard all weekend to get it in and cleaned up by the time I got home. Although I don't know how he had time to do anything else but eat all that chicken he cooked up :).

From June
On Sunday Clark crawled up on his knees for the first time rather than just army crawl style that he has been doing. He is also working hard on his other upper tooth. We go to the doctor for his 9 month check up, so I am sure we will have another post coming soon.

No comments: