Thursday, June 18, 2009

Chicken Fiesta - June 18, 2009

 From June


This is what happens when Katie leaves me alone with 5 packages of chicken. No, I did not eat all of this at once. I'm in the middle of a very rigid 3-month workout and nutrition plan, and lean protein (primarily from chicken) is the centerpiece of my diet. This should get me through the weekend.

Today is our fourth wedding anniversary. I'll be celebrating it with Chewie by watching coverage of the U.S. Open golf tournament when I get home from work today, since Katie's back at her parents' place for the annual garage sale. We'll have to think of something fun to do when she gets back on Sunday (which is also likely to be dominated by the U.S. Open). Happy-anniversary.com says that the traditional gift for a 4th anniversary is fruit and flowers, while the modern selection is linen, silk or nylon with an alternate option of appliances. Who thinks up this stuff? Can't wait until our 7th anniversary, when I'm supposed to get her copper and wool. Sounds like a sweater with pennies for buttons to me!

No comments: