Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Deck! - April 2, 2008

The contractors came out and put our ground-level deck together in one day, which surprised me. Frankly I was a little skeptical that they'd be there at all, since I hadn't heard anything from the company since we scheduled the work, but sure enough they were there and setting the posts when I came home from lunch, and it was all finished before Katie got home from work. Obviously it's not a real complex structure, and the square footage isn't all that much either, so I guess it makes sense that professional deck builders could knock out something like this in a day.

Anyway, we're very pleased with it - it's exactly what I had pictured, and should have enough room for us to comfortably put a table w/ chairs, the grill, and potentially a couple adirondack chairs as well. Chewie's tie-out even reaches over from its new location off to the side, so we can continue letting him out from the back door easily.

After off-loading the pictures from the camera, I realized that we still have the Easter stuff on there too, so maybe later I'll post some of those.



No comments: