Katie and I went in for her week 19 appointment today, which included an ultrasound. The results are in, and we're 99.9% sure we're having a boy! Everything apparently looks normal and Katie's doing well... fetal heart rate, Katie's blood pressure, weight and all that are right on track. Exciting stuff. Here are some of the ultrasound pictures, scanned for your viewing pleasure.
First a couple profile shots, where you can make out the shape of the head. I think when we were looking at this live, the one on the left showed the heart beating too.
The very important gender determination shot, helpfully labeled by our ultrasound operator.
And last, a sort of 3D image, where you can kind of see the facial structure.
Pretty cool, huh? So now we can start thinking about nursery decoration, clothes, and of course names. We're not really sure how we're going to approach naming. We have some leading candidates, but we were really a lot more "settled" with our girl names than boy names, so we'll see. We've got a bit of time to think about it.
Over the weekend, Katie and I spent Saturday at the Inquirers Class at our church, which is for prospective members. I think we're going to join this Sunday, which is cool. Saturday night Shawn and Lisa came over and I grilled us up some burgers, and then we played one of their wide assortment of obscure board games, Alhambra. Shawn won, just like always. Sunday was pretty relaxed. We bought Mario Kart Wii, which is really fun, and I mowed the lawn again and did some other random yard work. A pretty good weekend overall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
LOVE the 3D shot! But, what am I going to do with all of these cute girl clothes?! I guess I'll just pack them away for another day. :) Congrats again!
YAAAAY! I'll start saving boy stuff... Congratulations!!!
- ASH
Those are great. I keep meaning to tell you that Richard and I have kept a blog forever and so we have entries from the time we found out we were pregnant to now and on. We are compiling a book now with those entries, photos, scans of her hospital band, etc. On Vavia's first birthday, we are getting the first volume printed. We hope to keep it up until she is 18 (we'll see how long we last) and then plan on giving her the whole set when she graduates. We are using blurb.com to create the books if you are interested in doing something similar.
We should all get together some weekend for a cookout.
Post a Comment