Wednesday, April 16, 2008

San Francisco - April 16, 2008

This post comes from sunny San Francisco. I am on the last of 7 week-long business trips I've taken over the past 11 weeks. I'm staying at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco this week, which is a very nice hotel on The Embarcadero, right on the bay. This trip and last week's have been both successful as far as the work we've been doing, and a bit more enjoyable too, as I've gotten to attend a Major League Baseball game at each. We went to the Giants-Diamondbacks game here in San Francisco on Monday night, and went to a White Sox game in Chicago last week.

Here's a rundown of the cities, dates and hotels that I've been to over the last couple months...

Jan 27-31....Dallas, TX...............Hilton Anatole
Feb 11-14....San Diego, CA.........San Diego Marriott Hotel & Marina
Feb 18-21....Jacksonville, FL.......Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
Feb 25-28...Hilton Head, SC........The Westin Hilton Head Island
Mar 24-27...Jacksonville, FL........Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
Apr 6-10......Chicago, IL.............The Drake Hotel
Apr 13-17....San Francsico, CA....Hyatt Regency San Francisco

Thankfully, this is the last trip I have scheduled, at least for the near future. I'm ready to be home for a while, and hopefully get back into a workout routine. The worst part about these trips for me is that all you do is eat... breakfast and lunch buffets and out to a restaurant every night. Couple that with long days and inconsistent access to workout facilities, and it has been a recipe for packing on pounds. As revenge for me playfully coining Katie's nickname Preggy Piggy, she has dubbed me the Buffet Buffalo because of these trips, which is pretty accurate unfortunately.

I fly home on a red-eye Thursday night/Friday morning, and then I plan on sleeping most of the day Friday before hopefully enjoying a nice relaxing weekend at home.

No comments: