Good morning. Actually, it's a fair bit chillier today than it was yesterday, which is too bad. Doesn't look like Easter Sunday will be too much nicer either.
We went down to visit Sam & Adam last weekend. Sam is due soon, and seemed ready to be done being pregnant. We hung out with them and Ryan & Jess Friday night, then went to the new IKEA store on Saturday and found some bedroom and nursery furniture that I think we may end up getting next time we're down there. Saturday night we went to the Funny Bone at Newport on the Levee, then came back here on Sunday and pretty much vegged out the rest of the day.
Vic, Barb and Grammy are coming today and staying the night with us, and we're having Easter dinner here tomorrow with them. Amy and Joey were planning on coming as well, as a stop on their trip back to Colorado, however some mishaps with their moving company may have delayed them enough that they can't make it. We'll see.
Katie and I have been busy cleaning and prepping the house this week, which is good because it needed a good cleaning anyway.
I have been busy at work this week. I was assigned some project management responsibility, so in addition to my actual task work for that project, I also have to track what everyone else is doing. I don't mind really, because I'm trying to focus on stretching myself a bit more this year, to position myself for promotion again in the next couple years, and eventually a transition into management. Adding project management, vendor management, and hopefully some budget management responsibility this year will help with that.
I took the Edge into a dealership yesterday to check out the passenger side rear tire, which turned out to have 2 nails stuck in it. I've had to put air in it 4 or 5 times over the last couple months, so I figured something was wrong. When they were working on it, they found it had a leaking transfer casing. I have no idea what that is, but he said we should get it fixed, and since it's under warranty I don't have any objections. So I think we'll be taking it in next week while I'm in Jacksonville.
Katie is still doing well and feeling fine. I think she's past all the morning sickness type stuff now; at least she hasn't complained of it in a while. Our next appointment is March 31, and then I think the one after that will be when we find out the sex.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment