Thursday, March 13, 2008

March 13, 2008

Let's see, what have we done since the last entry...
The DirecTV guy was here until 8:30 Friday night getting everything set up. Took a lot longer than we thought. It's all good now, and the AT&T DSL was set up on Tuesday, so I was able to take the Comcast stuff to their office yesterday and cancel their overpriced service.

We made some awesome pulled pork on Saturday and took it to Tom & Sara's in the evening, so I got to see our adorable nieces, and we played some poker and stayed the night. Sunday we went to church with them at the place they've been going, then went back and enjoyed leftover pulled pork before coming back home and crashing.

This week has been pretty quiet, which isn't all bad. Work has been a little slow this week, but I'm sure that will change; it always does.

The weather has been really nice the last two days. It rained tonight, though that was after I got done with my second outdoors run this week, which felt great. Running outside is slightly different from running on the treadmill... unless you program it in, you don't get the slight elevation changes on the treadmill and you don't have to push through the air, which I think has more of an impact on the effort you put out than you'd think at first. It has been hard for me to get back into a regular workout routine since my business trips started in late January. During the trips themselves it's really easy to find an excuse not to do anything because the days are so long and you're pretty much obligated to eat out every meal. And now even since I've been back for a couple weeks, I don't have the same desire to work out every day for some reason. Hopefully I can get it back with the weather improving, so I can run outside, which I enjoy.

Less than 3 weeks until the contractor comes to install our deck now. Jumping through the hoops with the HOA was a pain, but now that's all taken care of and we'll have our deck in a few weeks, which we're very excited about.

We're going to Adam & Sam's this weekend to visit. Not sure whether to hope she goes into labor this weekend or not. I guess it would be exciting, but they might only want family around when it happens, so it could make for a short trip to Cincinnati for us. It's weird to think that it will be us in 6 months having to worry about logistics for going into labor.

Weird but cool.

No comments: