At my twins club (Northside Twins and Multiples) meeting on Monday, one of the other moms said she was going to make a shirt that says " Yes, my hands are full.". It's very true and yet somehow when I am out and about with three kids, having strangers stop to point that out isn't all that helpful :).
Anyway my sister-in-law, Sara started a blog this week, my-happy-nest.blogspot.com, and one of her recent posts was an account of her very busy day, I liked the idea and thought I would copy. So here goes:
3:30am - Twins wake up and I feed them, this involves getting the first one out of her crib and putting her on the loveseat that we have in their room, then getting the next one and also putting her on the couch, then I get the nursing pillow and strap it around my waist and sit down, lift one girl on, then the other.
4:00am - Finish feeding, Jenna leaked out her diaper, change her, Alex is dirty, change her, reswaddle them, put them back to bed, fall into bed myself.
4:15 - The white noise we play for them stops and one of them is crying, send Jason to turn it back on, crying continues, I get up to check on them, Jenna rolled over and is mad about it, flip her back, go back to bed.
6:15- Jason kisses me goodbye for the day.
8:00am- Wake up and hear Clark, get up to get him.
8:05-9:00- Clark throws a tantrum about not wanting to get dressed, I tell him he has to stay in bed until he is ready to get dressed, he stays in bed... Meanwhile the girls wake up, I change them both and then feed them while catching up on Dancing with the Stars.
9:00- Finish feeding, check on Clark, he has decided he is ready to get up now, change his diaper and dress him.
9:15-9:45- Twins play on the floor while Clark eats 2 pancakes and a banana and I drink coffee.
9:45-10:15- Feed the babies while Clark watches Dinosaur Train.
10:15-10:30- Get all three kids in their car seats and drive to the YMCA, get the double stroller out of the car, make sure brake is on, put Jenna's seat in the stroller, unbuckle Clark and let him climb out while I get Alexis's seat and put it in the stroller. Put my backpack of stuff on and swing the diaper bag over my shoulder, have Clark hold onto the stroller while we walk to the door - hope someone nice is nearby to hold the doors for us... they are, yay!
10:30-11:45 -drop kids off in Child Watch, run a 5k on the treadmill, take a shower in the locker room, pick up kids and head home.
12:00 - Get home, decide to let Clark have some hand sanitizer to try to kill the germs from the Y, he immediately wipes it in his eye, I grab him and hold him under the kitchen sink sprayer. Clark thinks this is fun and wants to do it again, so we do a couple more times. Girls are in their car seats crying. Clark's eye no longer looks red. Yay.
12:10-1:00 - Feed Clark lunch (Carrots with hummus, black beans, pears and cheese) Diaper and then feed babies while Clark eats, swaddle the girls and put them in bed. Read books to Clark and put him to bed.
1:00-1:45 - Ahhhhh, a little time to myself, eat a big lunch because I forgot to eat breakfast, start watching the biggest loser.
1:45-3:00 - Alex wakes up early, I hold her while I watch tv and doze on the couch.
3:00 - 3:30 - Put Alex back to bed, Clark gets up, I take him outside to play.
3:30-4:15 - Twins wake up and I feed them while Clark watched Super Why.
4:15-5 - Twins hang out in their play yard while Clark and I play and read books and wonder why Jason isn't home yet.
5:00-5:45 - Jason gets home, Clark eats dinner (Strawberries, Cheese, Peas and Crackers). Jenna starts to fuss so Jason wears her in the sling, Alex starts to fuss so I put her in the swing. I start wiping down all of our kitchen counters because we have an ant infestation - Clark helpfully points out every ant he sees.
5:45-6 - I wash the kitchen floor and spray ant poison. Jason entertains Clark in another room.
6:00 - 6:45 - We decide to go on a family walk to kill time until bedtime. I put Alex in the baby bjiorn, Jason is still wearing Jenna, Clark gets shoes and a jacket and we clip on Chewie's leash. Off we go. Clark keeps telling us to "c'mon guys" its super cute.
6:45-7:20 - We change babies diapers and swaddle them while Clark runs in circles saying "I'm gonna fall down mama, I'm gonna fall down". Then I sit down to feed the girls and Jason takes Clark and brushes teeth, and gets his pajamas on. Sends Clark in to kiss me goodnight. Reads Clark books and puts him to bed. I finish feeding babies and put them to bed.
7:00-8:00 - Come downstairs and help Jason work on dinner, tonight we are having marinated Salmon with a pineapple salsa. Yum. I hope it turns out, the salmon is still marinating as I write this up.
So here we are, I am about to go grab a beer or a glass of wine, I haven't decided yet, then we will eat dinner and watch Lost on Netflix for the rest of the evening. At around 10:00 we will give the girls bottles and hope that they sleep a long time. Then we will go to bed ourselves.
So there you have it, a day in my life with twins and a two-year-old, my hands are full, but so is my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You have an awesome life
Love this.. great idea! Always interesting to see what life is like in the shoes of another mom
Post a Comment