We are having a baby... and another baby. Jason and I found out about a month ago that we were pregnant again, and spent the month of June having fun telling our family and close friends that Clark was going to be a big brother. We had been waiting until July 9th, when we had our first Doctors appointment, to put the news up on the blog because we wanted to have the reassurance that everything was going normally with the pregnancy.
On Friday morning Jason and I left Clark to play with our wonderful neighbor Stephanie and her daughter Isabella, while we went to the appointment. We knew it would be a fairly long appointment as we were having an early ultrasound (which is routine between 8-10 weeks at our practice) and then meeting with a nurse and then the Doctor. Well our ultrasound technician gave us quite a shock! When the picture came on the screen, she got a big grin and said "Do you see what I see?... Two babies! Twins!" Jason and I just couldn't believe it. That was not what we were expecting. But we got to see both babies and hear both heartbeats and everything looked great! We went though the rest of the appointment in a bit of a daze but everything is going normally so far. I am due February 13th, with twins! The doctor says that I will have an ultrasound with most of my appointments because that is the best way to measure their growth, so that will be kind of neat, and I am supposed to take lots and lots of Folic acid, but other than that there is not much difference from being pregnant with one baby - so far :).
After our appointment we began calling our family and friends to let them know that big news! Everyone is very excited and offering lots of help along the way and after they come. We are so thankful to have such wonderful support as we begin this adventure! My parents are especially blown away to soon be grandparents to TWO sets of twins, since my brother Andy has a set. I am especially thankful to have a brother and sister-in-law who have been through this to help us on our journey.
Here is their first picture. Baby B is on top, Baby A on the bottom.
My parents were super excited and on the ball and had flowers delivered that evening!
"Double the Blessings, Double the love"
I am not sure it has totally sunk in for Jason and I yet, but we are getting there, I have been having a range of emotions, from excitement, to terror. I think having twins will be really cool, but also very difficult at times. I have been thinking more and more about how big I will be pregnant with two babies, and worry about being able to take care of Clark while I am so big! Jason has been wonderful and very supportive, he keeps reassuring me that we will be just fine, and that we will get through it together. We took Clark to the playground yesterday and were enjoying watching him climb and go down the slides and have a grand old time. Jason said to me that he knows that the newborn stage will be hard, but that he can picture having the twins be the age Clark is now and bringing them to the playground with their older brother and that he thinks with will be really neat and fun. I totally agree!
Jason has been thinking about much more practical things than I have... like how we will need to get a minivan in order to fit three car seats! So much to think about and plan for!
3 comments:
so stinken cool! I'm excited for you both so much!
Lisa <><
Shocking and very cool! You guys will be great with twins!
This blessing couldn't happen to a more deserving couple! Wish you would move to Newark so I could help you! Love Ya! Kelly
Post a Comment