Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Clark's 6 Month Checkup - March 31, 2009

We went to the doctor on Friday for Clark's 6 month checkup. He is still doing great! He was 19lbs 14oz. Jason and I thought we might as well call it 20lbs, because if we hadn't changed his diaper right before he got on the scale, I am sure he would have made up those last 2oz. He actually dropped down to the 85th percentile for weight, however in height he was still above the 97th percentile at 28 1/2 inches. He is definitely a growing boy.

We talked to the doctor about starting more solid foods. We are now trying to give him 2 meals a day and starting to work in vegetables and other foods every few days. The doctor suggested starting with yellow vegetables, then moving to green vegetables, meats and then fruits. So Clark tried Squash for the first time yesterday, but he was not a huge fan of the new food. We'll see if he likes it any better today.

Clark also tried his first formula last week, as we decided it would be easier to supplement or feed with that when I am not around then for me to try to keep a supply from pumping. He took the formula first time without any fuss, and yesterday we were even able to get him to take it from a different bottle than the Play-tex drop-in ones that we have been using. This is a great thing as it will be much easier to make formula in a more traditional bottle, and we won't have the added expense of buying the liners!

Jason and I are having so much fun with Clark at this age, he just seems to learn something new everyday and he is a very affectionate and happy baby. He loves being tickled and getting zerberts (I don't know if my dad made that word up or not). He also likes to play peek-a-boo with us and enjoys pat-a-cake and all of those baby games. He seems like he is really trying to learn how to scoot himself around, so I am foreseeing a lot more chasing after him in my future!

Last night he slept from 10:45 - 6:00 without waking up at all. We have been trying to get him trained to go at least 8hrs at night and it seems to be getting there.
I don't have any new pictures downloaded, but I will post a recent cute one anyway.

From March
We bought a new car this weekend so be on the look out for a post with pictures of it coming soon!

No comments: