Friday, December 26, 2008

Turkey's First Christmas - December 26, 2008

I'll give a quick update here and a few pictures, then write a bit longer one with the rest of our pictures once we're back in Indianapolis. What I have access to right now is all that I was able to upload before we headed to Ohio on Christmas Eve.

Our Christmas plans got thrown for a bit of a loop this week when Katie and I both came down with what seemed like a 24-hour stomach virus on Monday night and on through Tuesday which knocked us both down for the better part of a day and made the thought of eating anything (especially the jambalaya we had for dinner Monday night) completely repulsive. I was supposed to work Monday and Tuesday of this week, but didn't make it in on Tuesday to get my stuff moved into my new office location, so I'll have to do that on Jan 5 when I go back to work. Katie was also unable to make the cinnamon rolls she was planning, and we didn't get anything at all packed up for the trip.

Fortunately after I broke my fever and purged my sickness late Tuesday night, we were all better and were able to celebrate our first Christmas with Clark on Wednesday morning as planned. We decided to start a tradition of taking a picture of Clark beneath the tree every Christmas morning, so here's the first of that future series, as well as one of our whole family:

From Christmas
From Christmas
From Christmas

Clark enjoyed sitting in his Bumbo and watching Chewie open his presents. Chewie has figured out that all of his presents come from a stocking, but has unfortunately also concluded that all stockings contain presents for him - not true, dog!
From Christmas
From Christmas


This picture is to thank Mike and Erica Dittoe for getting Clark such a cute stocking.

From Christmas


And here's Clark sporting his styling new winter hat, one of several cute new additions to his wardrobe.

From Christmas


Katie and I exchanged our gifts too. She got some cute shoes and clothes and things, and I got some Frank's Extra Hot sauce, some clothes and a nice Bocce Ball set. Afterwards we packed up for the long week back in Ohio and hit the road. It's currently the day after Christmas, but I'll leave the recounting of our continued Christmas adventures for when we get back to Indianapolis. Till then, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, faithful readers!

No comments: