Tuesday, December 9, 2008

December Update - December 9, 2008

So we got our digital camera back last Friday and pulled the pictures off of it. We've got some cute ones of Clark to share from the last couple weeks, including our trip to Ohio for Thanksgiving.

We actually left Indianapolis on Friday the 21st of November for our week-long Thanksgiving trip. It began with the rehearsal and dinner Friday evening in preparation for Meghann Grindrod and Brad Chute's wedding. I found out at the reception (and with some subsequent investigation) that Brad and I are actually 3rd cousins through a Birkimer connection, so that was interesting. It means that Clark and Meghann & Brad's kids will be 4th cousins too. Anyway, we did the rehearsal that Friday evening and had dinner at Graystone Wine Cellar in Columbus, which was really neat. The wedding of course was the following day, conspicuously scheduled right in the middle of the Ohio State - Michigan game. Fortunately it wasn't much of a contest this year, or I think attendance at the wedding might have suffered.

We didn't get many photos from the wedding apparently. I guess Katie and I must have been too busy getting the most out of the free wine & beer while my mom kept Clark for the night, but here's a couple just to prove we were there.

From November
From November
From November


Sunday the 23rd was a pretty lazy day. We spent the morning recovering from the wedding reception, then I watched football most of the afternoon. I think this might have been my first weekend away from my NFL Sunday Ticket subscription, but DirecTV came to the rescue with their SuperCast, which allowed me to watch all the games from my laptop! Huzzah!

So as I said, we decided to extend the wedding trip into our Thanksgiving visit, which required us to stay in Ohio the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Katie and I went up to Newark that Monday and I worked the whole day while she paraded Clark around town introducing him to various family members, like her grandpa.

From November - Thanksgiving


After spending the day in Newark we headed over to Dublin to hang out with Mike, Erica, Sam, Adam and McKenzie for the evening, since they hadn't seen Clark for a couple months.

From November - Thanksgiving


Clark was acting like he wanted to roll over, but never quite got all the way there. He hasn't made much of an effort at it since, but we were hopeful when he was doing this:

From November - Thanksgiving


Tuesday we went out to my dad's for our first Thanksgiving meal. Dad was nice enough to serve something other than turkey, choosing instead a nice standing rib roast. Variety is nice. We had a good visit with them, and the kids seemed to enjoy our company.

We spent most of that Wednesday doing nothing, in an effort to get Clark a full day of regular napping and sleep. The previous days full of activity had resulted in some less-than-stellar sleep for all of us since Clark wasn't getting enough rest at the right times of day. The easy Wednesday helped that though, and he was very pleasant for our double-header Thanksgiving day, where we spent the first half of the day in Newark and finished up in Lancaster, stuffed like turkeys.

We had decided before ever coming to Ohio that we were going to take off the day after Thanksgiving to head back to Indianapolis rather than extend the trip any longer, and that was definitely a good decision. We got back home around 4pm that Friday after stopping in Grove City to see Sara and Joe's new house, and had a relatively relaxing weekend from that point. I think the Thanksgiving Pizza (subject of my previous post) was about the most exciting thing we did.

The past week was pretty tame. Clark has been sleeping much better lately, going to bed in the 8 o'clock hour most nights, and doing pretty well through the night. He still gets up once or twice, but has generally been pretty good about going back to bed, and many nights he ends up being down for close to 12 hours with just a couple awake periods to eat. That has made it a lot easier to deal with him, especially since we've been getting our evenings back, and can relax a little bit during that time each day. We went on a photo frenzy the other day before the Steelers game when Clark was in his game gear, so here's a couple more recent shots of him.

From December
From December


Only one other thing to share... I was messing around last night with uploading a video to YouTube, so I want to see if I can embed it here. If this works OK and the video quality is decent, we may be able to start sharing the videos we take of Clark. I promise they'll be more interesting in the future.

No comments: