On this longest day of the year, Katie and I chose to spend most of the time inside starting to work on the nursery. Today's agenda consisted entirely of painting. We're going with a multi-colored scheme for Clark's room, with a dark blue on the bottom and medium width (6-12") vertical stripes on the top in a green, brown, light blue and the dark blue from the bottom half. Separating the two halves will be a chair rail that (hopefully) Adam will come help me install next weekend, and then we'll put up the same fake crown molding along the ceiling that I did for the guest room.
Here's a picture of the room as a blank slate... white walls and beige carpet make for a very boring space. That's Trigger laying on the floor, by the way. We're Trigger-sitting for Tom and Sara this weekend.
We started by using some painter's tape to give the line of demarcation for the top and bottom halves.
Next we painted the bottom half a dark(ish) blue. The color is called "Wipeout" in the Behr catalog. This paint didn't cover as well as I would have liked, so we had to do two coats.
For the top half we tried to match the color up relatively closely to the bedding we registered for. I think this was called "Dreaming Blue"...
Later on in the day, after Katie took a nap and I played Halo for a while, we lined up all the trim we bought and painted it in the garage. Much more convenient than waiting until you've installed it to paint.
Tomorrow we'll be taping off the vertical stripes and then painting them. Next weekend, regardless of whether Adam is able to come or not, I'll be putting up the trim. If I do have help for that job and we get it done in a reasonable amount of time, we'll probably also start assembling the furniture we bought at IKEA last weekend.
For now though, we're off to dinner. Hopefully I'll be industrious and update again tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment