Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day - June 15, 2008

So I'm not technically a father yet, but I got a couple cards anyway (thanks Mom and Mom J). Katie and I spent most of today in Cincinnati. We picked up most of our nursery furniture at IKEA this morning, then headed back here from Adam & Sam's at 3pm, where we had been since Friday. We had originally planned on running the 5K at the Miami Alumni Weekend like we did last year, but through a combination of pregnant & nursing women, a post-surgery Dittoe and the cough and cold I struggled with last week, we decided it didn't make sense to have everybody wake up at 7am Saturday so that Adam and I could pay $25 to run around Oxford. Instead we just headed over to Oxford at our leisure and ate and drank all afternoon with a little bit of walking around campus thrown in for good measure.

Even though it's only been 3 years, I feel pretty far removed from Miami and college life in general. We sat around a fire Saturday night reminiscing about our time together in college, and it just seemed like it was all so long ago.

I've been pretty busy at work since returning from vacation. Even though I had 170 emails to go through upon returning, I wasn't really buried in work that had built up while I was out. Rather, a couple big projects that I'll be working on this summer have really started in earnest, and it's taken up a good portion of my time at work.

Things have been good and busy for Katie and Joyner Homes as well. They recently had both their groundbreaking ceremony and a very successful early release/reservation party, and are well on their way to selling and beginning to build their first few homes.

Not much else to update on right now. If you're interested in seeing what our nursery furniture will look like once I've assembled it, I've linked it below.
Crib
Chest with 2 Drawers plus Changing Table Top
Chest with 6 Drawers
Toy Box

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, guys! I love your furniture! I really like your blog, too. I'm glad your Mom found out she was allowed to share the address. Your home and deck look lovely. And, you look lovely pregnant. :)