It has been entirely too long since I have posted. I think about doing it quite often, but I guess growing a whole population of babies takes more energy than I expected... oh yeah and I have a two year old!
Better late than never; here are some photos from our vacation in August. We went to Isle of Palms, SC for a week with Nana and Pe-Paw Moore and the Aiello Family. We found the house on Vacation Rentals by Owner (Here). It was a great house and very close to the beach.
It was about a 12 hour drive from Indianapolis and the trip both ways with Clark and a pregnant woman went surprisingly well! On the way down we left after dinner and drove about halfway before stopping at a hotel for the night. We expected that Clark would sleep most of this leg, but he only slept about the last hour, it didn't matter though because he was a wonderful passenger. This was Clark's first night in a hotel and he did great. We had purchased a portable DVD player for the trip and tried it out for the first time the next morning on our second leg of the trip. This started out OK, but Clark was able to reach the screen that was hung over the back of the driver's seat with his feet. After about a Dora and a half he was in trouble for kicking the screen and it was taken away as punishment. The trip still went great though because I had packed some new books and toys and he was happy playing with them.
On the way home we did the whole drive in one day! We positioned Clark's DVD player in a new spot where he could not reach it, and he enjoyed watching Dora and Blue's Clues for a lot of the trip. He took one nap for a couple hours and traveled happily the whole time. We stopped at Wendy's for lunch and Clark had his first taste of fast food, he enjoyed some chicken nuggets. He did not cry once the entire trip! He was even informing us when he had dirtied his diaper and needed a new one which was great and hopefully a step towards potty training! By the end of the day though he was asking very politely to be "all done seat" which translates in Clark speak to "Are we there yet? I want to get out of my car seat now!" Jason and I were so proud of him on the trip though and were glad to get home and let him run around a little before bedtime.
I love this picture of Clark walking to the ocean.
Playing in the sand.
Checking out the water.
He is going to stop that wave!
Having a snack and rest with Nana.
Cousin Elizabeth and Uncle Joe.
Clark and Elizabeth are saying cheese for the camera.
Clark, Hank and Elizabeth - all the cousins!
Since we were all together we decided to celebrate Clark's birthday a few weeks early. Here he is checking out his cupcake. He did lick a little of the icing off, but never did take a bite.
We have some good video from the trip as well, but I am not sure how to post them, so I will try to get Jason to work on that. All in all it was a ton of fun to see the beach and ocean through Clark's eyes, he had such fun playing on the beach!
No comments:
Post a Comment