Monday, September 21, 2009

Clark's Birthday September 21, 2009

I can't believe it has taken us this long to post about Clark's birthday and party, but better late than never right? Clark turned one this past Thursday, September 17th. Jason and I spent this week hardly believing that it has been a whole year since he was born. How fast time can fly. I have had mixed feelings about my baby becoming a toddler, but I am surviving. Jason and I didn't really do anything to celebrate on Clark's actual birthday, but the weekend before we had a small party for him at my brother's house in Greenfield, IN. The main event was Clark having his first taste of cake.


Before:

After a quick bath to get him cleaned up, we opened some gifts.

Clark's cousins were happy to help him open his gifts.

By this time Clark was very tired. He slept the whole way home. Jason was also very tired because we think he caught the same virus Clark had over Labor day. He was achy and had a lot of soreness in his muscles all week. Tonight was the first time he has gone to the gym since last Friday and I am glad he is finally feeling back to normal.

Clark's 1 year check-up went great. He is now 24lbs and 12oz and 31inches long. The doctor thought he was awesome as usual. He took his shots fairly well, but we have to go back in a month for two more.

My favorite thing that Clark does lately is "read" books, if you hand him a book he will open it up and babble as he turns the pages. It is so cute, I hope we will be able to catch it on the video camera.

We are working on getting Clark to drink more out of sippy cups and less from bottles. So far this has been going fine, but we have been easing into it ounce by ounce. We started brushing his teeth this week so that has been a new addition to his bedtime routine. He also got to try scrambled eggs and a little milk, but he was only so-so about both.

I have my mom's group MOPs on Wednesday. Last time we went Clark did great and stayed in the childcare room that they provide for the whole two hours. I am crossing my fingers that will be the case again this week.

No comments: