Monday, August 31, 2009

Haircut and a Big Boy Seat - August 31, 2009

This is a couple weeks late (which is at least consistent with my posting tendencies recently), but I thought I'd put up a couple photos of me cutting Clark's hair for the first time. I could no longer tolerate the wispy mullet he was cultivating, and decided to trim down the hair on the back of his head and neckline so that he didn't look quite so ridiculous.



Cutting the hair of an 11-month old who has neither the desire nor ability to hold his head still for more than half a second is about as easy as you'd think, and the jagged ledge of hair on his neck line is evidence of my skill. Fortunately hair grows back and since he was rocking a mullet before, he obviously doesn't care what it looks like anyway, so Clark was all smiles when we were done.



Katie and I had a date night Friday where we stayed in and made sushi instead of going out. Making sushi is fun, but it's time-consuming and kind of difficult. We also don't have easy access to a great selection of fish that's appropriate for use in sushi, so our options for ingredients are kind of limited. All the same, we made a pretty decent meal out of it.



This weekend we also upgraded Clark's car seat to a forward-facing model that can supposedly be used up to 100 lbs. The laws regarding child restraints these days practically dictate that you have them in some kind of car seat or booster until they're old enough to drive themselves. Anyway, he got a kick out of the new digs and had fun riding around facing forward for the first time. Katie found it to be a little sad though, as another sign that he's not going to be a baby much longer.



We're patiently counting the days until two important dates in the middle of the month. On September 10th the Steelers open the NFL season against the Titans and then a week later on the 17th Clark turns one! No, I'm not going to say which one I'm more excited about.

No comments: