Since this blog is named after our dog, I guess it's appropriate to post about him every now and again, to add a little variety to all the pictures of Clark we post all the time. Unfortunately the update isn't great news, as the title of the post suggests. Dr. Tysklind called me while Chewie was still under anesthesia to let me know that he had cracked his top-left-rearmost molar, which is the same thing that happened to the top-right-rearmost molar last summer! Fortunately I got him in to the vet early enough this time that we may be able to salvage the tooth with a root canal, and can hopefully avoid the enormous, painful abscess that he had in August. I just feel so bad for the little guy because it has to have been hurting for a while, and oral surgery can't be much fun for dogs.
So let this serve as a reminder to you if you have a dog - pay attention to their dental health and ask your vet how to take care of their teeth! I don't know how much this problem has to do with his breed or terriers in general, but I certainly wish we'd known of something we could have done to prevent it, if for no other reason than to save the ~$2000 that his molars will have cost us.
We're heading to Ohio this weekend for the wedding of one of my childhood friends, and then going to get to hang out with some of our college friends before heading down to Cincinnati to stay Ryan and Jess Lowe on Sunday night. Hopefully we'll have a trip report and some pictures from that early next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment