Since finding out that our baby is a boy last week, we have gotten quite motivated to start getting more prepared to actually add a new member to our family! This week I have read about three new books on childbirth because reading is what I do. I also started the search for a pediatrician, which at this point is just getting a few recommendations from my OB/GYN and seeing which ones are in the medical plaza near our house. We also signed up for Childbirth Prep Classes at the hospital where we will deliver - Clarian West. Starting in June, we will be taking a five week childbirth preparation course based on Lamaze and then one class on breastfeeding and one on basic newborn care.
The biggest or at least most time consuming thing we accomplished this weekend though was registering at Target and Babies-R-Us. This was sort of fun, but a lot more stressful than I expected it to be. I was really looking forward to picking out all the cute baby stuff, but once we got started going up and down the aisles, I just felt overwhelmed by the amount of stuff, and how little I feel like I know about actually taking care of a baby! Neither Jason or I have a good feel on what items we will actually need when the baby comes. I am sure once Clark comes I will be able to figure it all out, but it was a little overwhelming this weekend!
Besides all the baby prep, we had a fairly relaxing weekend. Jason made it out to the driving range for the first time this season on Saturday and we had an awesome dinner at PF Changs with our friends Justin and Lis on Saturday night and then watched the first Indiana Jones movie on our quest to watch all three before the new one comes out on May 22nd. On this my (kind of) first Mother's Day, Jason made us waffles for breakfast and we are planning on hanging out at our house, and maybe cleaning - very exciting I know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment