Every summer I make grand goals of doing fun stuff everyday and really enjoying the warm weather and the lack of schedules to the fullest, and this summer I feel like I am actually doing a pretty good job of it! The kids have been hot and sweaty and dirty and sandy and sugary and wet and all that good stuff in between. Here is what we have been up to lately in pictures!
Lots of playing at parks, which is super fun now that they are all old enough to play together.
Memorial Day Picnic at a good friend and neighbors house. Here is Alexis, Jenna and their buddy Teegan enjoying some watermelon!
The girls are very picky about their sandals, but I appreciate that they can put them on all by themselves. (Alexis June)
JJ and Alex enjoying some tacos at a street fair in Golden, CO.
Clark at the street fair - we actually met up with Jason's Cousin Tina and her husband Mike - it has been super fun to get to hang out with them and get to know them better since they moved out here!
Back yard pool fun!
Back Yard Sand Fun!
Painting the fence with water.
Clark is loving the summer reading program, and has gotten into reading the Magic Tree House Series. One morning I woke up and found him reading by the light of the morning sun. :)
Running through the Sprinkler!
Finger painting!
A combo of eating watermelon, playing in the sandbox and general summer fun make for a messy, but very cute Alex!
Clark and Chewie sleeping in the tent out back (with Jason).
Sidewalk chalk and hopscotch.
Hiking and picnicking in the mountains. (Jenna, Clark, Alexis)
A Darling Doubles Twin club ice cream social. (Alex in Blue, JJ in Pink).
Making, and eating homemade ice cream in Ziploc bags on a hot summer day.
Phew, that seems like a lot of fun stuff, and I haven't even told you about July yet! Can't wait to see what the rest of the summer with these awesome kids brings!
1 comment:
SO much fun! Your back yard has shade! We want to come play! :) PS Clark- isn't reading by morning sunlight the best?
Post a Comment