Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bye bye Coppermill Ct. - October 18th, 2011

The movers are at our house as I type this post from a Residence Inn in Indy. We are officially on our way to Colorado! I felt like I wanted to write a little post documenting some of my favorite memories of the first house we ever owned. We have had many good times in the 5 years we have lived there. I may add pictures to this post at some point, but will just get my thoughts down for now. I feel like so much has changed in our lives since we moved into this house, we have had three kids, two new cars, several new jobs, and many new friends, we have built a deck and a fence, decorated two nurseries, put in new flooring, and learned how often we are supposed to change the furnace filter.

  Here is a room by room look at some of my most vivid memories.

Our front porch: Before our deck and our children came along, on nice days Jason and I would take our coffee out and sit on camp chairs on our front porch and talk... This is where I remember having a conversation where we decided to start trying to get pregnant... Three months later we were expecting Clark!

Our garage: It saw our matching Ford Focuses (Focii?) turn into the Grey One and the Blue One (Clark's name or the Edge and Fusion), and saw us figure out how to fit three car seats in one car and been over run with kids toys and strollers as our family grew.

The Fireplace Room: So called because there was nothing in it but the firplacefor the first three years we lived there. This is where we put our Christmas tree, and eventually became our guest room when our twins arrived and we needed a place for all of our help to sleep.

Our kitchen: This room has too many memories to even begin, Clark has moved from high chair, to booster, and on into a big kid chair as he eats his "bites". Jason and I have had many stay at home cooking dates here... it has seen numerous pots of chili... It has been the prep area for thousands (?) of raw chicken breasts (or chicken breath as Clark calls it) on their way to the grill as Jason embarked on a journey to living healthier and lost almost 100lbs... It has been Jason's place to make grand breakfasts for our friends, and pancakes every Saturday with his son... And most recently hosted our final dinner with friends, eating pizza surrounded by our kitchen stuff already packed in boxes. Our

TV room: This is where we spent nights "sleeping" on the couch with infants that would only sleep snuggled up to a warm body... where I nursed Clark watching Sports Center at all hours of the night and day... Where our friends all came, with dogs in tow to celebrate Chewie's first birthday... Where we watched the Steelers win their 6th Superbowl ring, with Jason in shiny gold pants... Where we have had Dance Dance Revolution, Mario Kart, and Guitar hero tournaments... And where I snuggle with my kids every morning before we get a start on our day...

Clark's Room: This room saw us bring our first little baby boy home, we spent so much time painting and getting it ready for him and I remember Jason and I just sitting in this room, while I was still pregnant dreaming about life with our new little man. It has seen Clark go from diapers to big kid pants, and from a crib to a big boy bed.

The girls room: This is the place we brought our tiny twins home to, it has seen the girls go from sleeping in bouncers to their cribs, seen them through giving up pacifiers and then swaddles and then even their white noise and heard many, many readings of Good Night Moon... It saw tears as I tried to prepare it for my girls to com home from the hospital and couldn't understand why I had to be home without them, and tears of joy when I finally had my family under one roof again.

Our deck: Although a newer addition to our home, this is a place where Jason and I have sat out drinking beers after getting kids to bed, enjoying cookouts with our neighbors and friends and family, it is where we celebrated Clark's dedication, and his second birthday... It saw the evolution of Friday night drinking club, and was decorated with tiki torches, it has been a place to play bubbles, and water games and have picnics with Clark... It has seen many card games with friends and family, and been home of the aforementioned grill. It was probably the best addition we made to the house, although we still reminisce about the days before the deck, when we put camp chairs on our 3x3 slab of concrete and drank gin and tonics after work.

Our house holds a lot of memories and it is a little sad to say goodbye, but we are also truly excited for this move and are looking forward to making all the new memories our new house will hold.

No comments: